Welcome

Glad to have you here but remember, you could be spending your time more wisely. Family, friends, maybe even your job if you are really pushed for something to do. David also writes the Building Our Home Blog as well as the wildly popular Dave’s Mindscape

Saturday, August 5, 2017

Am I Being Followed?

Do you ever notice the ads inserted on the websites you frequent?

Me either. Usually.

But every once in a while, something does catch my eye as I scroll down Facebook or a news site or even my own blog.

Today it was Singles.

I was prompted to click to Meet Singles. The default choice was women and the selected age range was in the thirties.

This did not bother me.

The thing that bothered me was the selection of prospective matches pictured.

Even though this company had correctly identified the city I currently reside in, the suggested matches were the same women displayed when I lived 3 time zones away.

Is this a case of me being followed by a group of stalkers?

Do they have twins out here on the coast or do they commute?

One day I expect that the companies will become so adept at figuring out my preferences that they will realize I have never once clicked on one of these ads.


On that day the sidebar of my browser will be blank and Amazon will not suggest a green leather toaster.

And until that day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.