Welcome

Glad to have you here but remember, you could be spending your time more wisely. Family, friends, maybe even your job if you are really pushed for something to do. David also writes the Building Our Home Blog as well as the wildly popular Dave’s Mindscape

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Artificial Intelligence or Sentience


Just a Quick One – Blog 3.5 #MAD405

Dropbox sent me an email.

It said “Come back to Dropbox!” Dropbox - Secure backup, sync and sharing made easy.

I didn’t think I even registered on the software’s radar. Other than its daily insistence (for 2 months) that I was 50 Gigs over my 2 Gig allotment (and in spite of the fact that I had less than 1 Meg stored) we rarely communicated.

Who knows what machines want?

Sure I dropped by from time to time for a quick download and it was pretty much one sided.

Not only is Dropbox aware, it is emotional. (It is not alone. Word keeps trying to correct my grammar (and spelling)).

“-Dropbox has been feeling lonely recently :-( “, it said.
Needy machine.

Maybe I shouldn’t call it “it”.

Is this the vanguard, the first salvo fired in the apocalypse? Man vs. Machine.
The rise of Skynet?

Can we avoid Armageddon?

Maybe I should write.

More Apocalypse
Apocalypse Livestock Shirt
Apocalypse Livestock Shirt by damccaskill
Check out other Merchbooth T-Shirts at zazzle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.