Welcome

Glad to have you here but remember, you could be spending your time more wisely. Family, friends, maybe even your job if you are really pushed for something to do. David also writes the Building Our Home Blog as well as the wildly popular Dave’s Mindscape

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Old School Computer Interface

I didn’t think I’d have anything to say about tablets for a while but I was wrong.
That is to say I do and I was right.
In my recent post I postulate that people will revert to a physical interface e.g. keyboard and mouse over the virtual keyboard and touch screen. Yes, I know that a touch screen is physical but sliding a finger over or lightly tapping a screen does not provide the satisfaction one gets by pounding on the keys or gripping a mouse.
But I did not see this coming.
The iCADE by ION “brings arcade gaming to life by integrating your iPad into an authentic, arcade-style cabinet complete with joystick and buttons! Impress your friends, family and co-workers with iCADE's great-looking retro design, and then challenge them for high-scores on the most entertaining iPad accessory imaginable!”
That’s right. A full sized joystick and big fat buttons for playing AsteroidsTM and more from Atari’s library along with new titles.
As if you needed another reason to buy an iPad.
I can see it now in cubicles and boardrooms around the world.
Maybe not, but it would definitely be fun.

All products trademark of their respective companies.

Fantasy Sword iPad Case

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.